Bohol extends ban on tourists, returning residents to Aug. 31

JAPAN EMBASSY PHOTO

BOHOL will remain closed to tourists and other non-essential travelers until Aug. 31, based on the latest order signed by Governor Arthur C. Yap.

Executive Order No. 40, signed Tuesday, amends an earlier directive on the ban that was supposed to be in effect until Aug. 20.

Mr. Yap, in a post on his social media page, said the extended ban has the support of the province’s medical and tourism sectors, among others.

“As we continue to face the threat of COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019), especially the dreaded Delta Variant, all Mayors, together with Provincial Tourism Council, Hotels and Restaurants owners, traders or businessmen, Doctors and other Medical Frontliners, united with their recommendation to continue our closure of our borders and temporary suspension of accepting Non-APORs (authorized persons outside residence),” he said.

The APORs listed in the order who are allowed to enter the province are: health workers on official business, authorized government officials, travelers for medical or humanitarian reasons, returning overseas workers, and workers in basic services and utilities as well as bank personnel.

“Let’s take the time to do fast contact tracing in our cases and transfer those who are isolated in their homes to our Municipal Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility so that we can monitor their situation more and avoid the virus catching up with domestic colleagues,” Mr. Yap said.

As of Aug. 17, data from the Health department’s Central Visayas regional office show Bohol had 1,455 active cases out of 11,045 recorded since the start of the pandemic last year. There were 9,498 recoveries and 92 deaths. — MSJ